Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Junky

So yesterday, as I was walking onto campus, I saw this really strange girl. Yesterday, being thursday ( the 29th), two days before Halloween, this girl is dressed up in a costume. She was heading to class. I didn't think much of it, since there are lots of people who like to dress up for halloween when going to do things that don't involve trick or treating / partying. Like for example, people dressing up at work, and I figured that thursday was probably the last day of class for her before halloween, so she wanted to dress up. Kind of strange, but not too strange for me to worry about.

She was walking the same way on the same sidewalk with me. So it was like we were walking together, but I was doing by best to ignore her. I did wonder, however, why she was pushing her bike along and not riding, there seemed to be no clear reason for this. She was walking an extremely fast pace though. She easily passed me and continued to build distant between us. This gave me a chance to get a better look at her.

I had notice when I first saw her that she had painted her face white, and added a little black around her eyes, perhaps some red for blood too. I can't be sure because as soon as I locked eyes with her, I turned away, hopeing she would go away. But from behind I could see she was wearing some winter hat with devil horns, black nylons with leg bones on them ( to look like her skeleton), a very short black skirt, tall black boots, and she had blue highlights in her long black hair, but I was unable to tell if she was wearing a wig or not.

Suddenly she stop, and began to pick at her back pack. Unfortunately, this caused me to pass her which meant she was going to pass me again. But when she did, I saw she had lit up a cigarette. This might explain why she wasn't riding her bike, but then I realized that maybe she wasn't riding her bike because of her extremely short skirt. That would be very embarrassing for her. That's no big deal, but I was left to ponder why she would have her bike in the first place if she wasn't going to ride it.

But before I could come up with a good answer to that question, she distracted me by yelling at some guy who had passed us going the opposite way. I could see he had some kind of grin on his face that said "this girl is nuts." She yelled something like, "Don't you smile at me, this isn't funny, Its halloween, this is awesome. You know this is awesome!" Her tone told me that she was similar to a goth kid, you know, immature, but believes she has the world figured out, and smoking is one of the ways she trys to not "fit in." I was shocked, because I didn't think that kind of stereotype existed in college. I thought those kind of people grew out of that phase, or at least dropped out of school well before college. It made me feel old, because I realized I was far too old to be grouped with these "children" who are just starting college.

Anyways, so then I began to notice how everyone else around us were giving funny looks and laughing at this girl. Which I'm sure made her happy, because it seems all she really wanted was attention. I say that because next some girl got off of the bus right in front of us and began walking the same way we were. She did a double take when she saw the costume girl, and then remarked "I like your costume," with a polite smile. The 2nd girl was moving much slower and we passed her as she said this to the costume girl. Immediately, the costume girl slowed down to wait for the 2nd girl. And as soon as her mouth opened, it was like turning on a fire hose. "Thank you so much, You know halloween is my favortie holiday and I love dressing up for it." And before the 2nd girl could get a word in, the costume girl kept firing away. " You know I dressed up everyday this week for halloween, cause I figure it only comes once a year, so why not enjoy it before its gone. Well thats not true because I slept through my classes on Tuesday, so I didn't get to do it that day, but I was planning on it. But Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, I dressed up with out fail. And here I am." I'm paraphrasing of course, there is no way I could have remembered everything she said, it was all just coming out so fast.

I couldn't see the girls because they were behind me, but I could tell the 2nd girl was trying to look for an out. She the turned and said something like she had to go the other way. The costume girl then said goodbye and zoomed passed me on her bike. It was a wtf moment. I was trying to figure out why now she had chosen to ride her bike. And I also wondered what the people faces looked like who were facing her as she rode towards them. I don't know, maybe she had some boy shorts on under the skirt. Or maybe she was really a man, and she was pulling the greatest halloween prank ever! Sorry for that image.... Anyways, that was one messed up chick, and I'm sure Spruit will meet at a party and be grateful she is stalking him on facebook ( Seriously dude, I don't care how hott a girl is, that is still weird) and maybe even hook up with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment