Thursday, October 22, 2009
In addition to my last post
So I was proven wrong. Yesterday as I walked back to my car, I crossed a traffic light. A guy stopped at the red light, he had his windows down and was playing something extremely loud. Then a I walked in front of his car he change the song to Misery Business by Paramore. He didn't turn the volume down, even though I wasn't the only person walking past and staring. And to my surprise, he began to sing! At the top of his lungs no less. And this wasn't some emo kid looking for attention. This was a wanna-bee tough white guy, who was wearing a yankees hat and a plain white t-shirt. The stereotype you expect to see listening to some annoy-popular rap song (and that is not an oxymoron, Popular rap music means annoying rap music. Poplular and annoying go hand in hand when it comes anything played on a top 40 station). He was the type of stereotype that maximizes the embarrassment from getting caught singing paramore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment